World Politics Review, an online source of news and analysis on global affairs, is seeking a managing editor with deep knowledge of international affairs and top-notch editorial skills to lead all of WPR’s day-to-day editorial operations.
WPR is known and valued for its commitment to quality and integrity. In addition to our individual subscribers, WPR’s institutional subscribers include foreign and defense ministries, government agencies, international organizations, and leading think tanks and universities worldwide.
We pay particular attention to important but undercovered stories as well as underexamined aspects of the news making headlines, and cover often-ignored corners of the world independently of whether and how they affect U.S. interests.
The managing editor will be responsible for the day-to-day editorial oversight of all of WPR’s content, doing the final editorial pass on our daily briefings, regional newsletters and weekly in-depth articles. Working as an integral part of WPR’s collegial editorial team, the managing editor will contribute to shaping our coverage by helping to conceive story ideas, while ensuring that everything we publish meets our high editorial standards for clarity, substance and rigor.
This is a managerial position with potential for advancement, and meaningful, relevant experience as an international affairs editor is required.
WPR offers a full package of benefits and adheres to a 40-hour work week. We are currently operating remotely, so the only geographical requirement for this position is to be located in a time zone that is compatible with our current work schedule. In practice, this means not more than six hours behind or two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-6 to GMT+2).
WPR is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a journalism background and a passion for international affairs;
- be comfortable editing articles about a wide range of countries, regions and issue areas;
- be fluent in the trends and developments shaping global politics;
- display “perfect pitch” as an experienced editor;
- and be very comfortable with all the tools of digital publishing.
How to apply:
- Email resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Managing Editor”.
- In the body of your email, tell us why you want the job and what you can add to our team.
- Your resume should be the only attachment.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- We regret that we cannot respond individually to every application. If you do not hear from us within 10 days of applying, you can assume you were not selected for an interview.