While Biden has attempted to repudiate Trump’s approach, which was itself a radical break from U.S. foreign policy traditions, it’s unclear whether a restoration of the United States global role is even possible. This report is just a sampling of our coverage of U.S. foreign policy under Biden. Download your free copy of U.S. Foreign Policy Under Biden to learn more today.
President Joe Biden took office with an ambitious U.S. foreign policy agenda summed up by his favorite campaign tagline: “America is back.” In principle, Biden’s agenda is rooted in a repudiation of Trump’s “America First” legacy and the restoration of the multilateral order. But in practice, some of Biden’s priorities bear a close resemblance to Trump’s agenda. Biden may find it difficult to fully restore a pre-Trump status quo. Nevertheless, as the war in Ukraine and the crisis leading up to it highlight, there is still high demand for decisive U.S. leadership in times of crisis. This report, last updated in September 2022, is just a sampling of our coverage of U.S. foreign policy under Biden.<
Download U.S. Foreign Policy Under Biden today to take a deeper look at these trends and get a glimpse at what the future may hold.
In this report, you will learn:
- What are the four contending approaches to multilateralism under Biden
- What is in store for U.S. policy on human rights
- Why Biden’s Africa strategy needs a real reboot, not just new messaging
- Why the U.S. doesn’t have to choose between counterterrorism and great power competition
- Whether Biden’s Indo-Pacific Economic Framework hits the mark
- How the Biden administration is attempting to rightsize U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East
- And more . . .