(Effective as of September 24, 2009)
2. Copyright And Trademark Information. All materials on this Web site ("WPR Materials") are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. These materials are owned by WPR or its partners, or are used with permission of their owners or as otherwise authorized by law. WPR Materials include, but are not limited to, the photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks and other materials contained in this website. All rights are reserved.
World Politics Review®, WPR™, the World Politics Review™ logo and the other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed are the trademarks of WPR. You agree not to display or use the WPR marks in any manner without WPR's prior written consent.
3. Usage Policy. Users may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any WPR Materials, except as follows:
a) Users may make one machine readable copy and one print copy of occasional articles of personal interest, solely for personal, noncommercial use;
b) Users may print or reproduce discrete portions (up to one paragraph or four sentences, whichever is greater) of WPR articles published on this site, solely for purposes of commentary or analysis, so long as proper credit is given to WPR by inclusion of the phrase "Used with the permission of World Politics Review, www.worldpoliticsreview.com." No user is authorized to change the material or the meaning of the WPR material. If these conditions are observed, WPR will consider the reproduction to be "fair use"; and
c) Users may post a text-only hyperlink to an article or other item on the WPR Website; however, WPR reserves the
right to revoke such permission for links at any time
any reproduction, printing, or other use of any WPR materials
for any other purposes requires the prior written permission of WPR
. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below to request permission.
You also agree to observe the privacy of all other Users and not to use the personal information of any other User for any commercial, promotional or other purpose.
4. Links. The WPR website contains links to other Internet sites. These links are not endorsements of those sites and/or any products or services in such sites, and no information in such sites has been endorsed or approved by WPR.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability. WPR includes facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest, and WPR does not endorse these views, opinions and recommendations. WPR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE WPR WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALTHOUGH WPR ATTEMPTS TO ENSURE THE INTEGRITY AND ACCURATENESS OF THE WPR WEBSITE, IT MAKES NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, AND/OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE, NOR OF ANY REVIEW, ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH REVIEW, OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, MEMORANDUM, OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WPR DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, BUGS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER PROBLEMS IN THIS SITE AND FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED THEREBY. WPR WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING WPR AND ITS CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL WPR BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON WPR CONTENT. WPR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES), OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF WARRANTIES, PARTS OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
A user's use of the WPR website, and any reliance on any material published or transmitted by the WPR website, is at the user's own risk. You agree that you hereby release WPR and its affiliates, advertisers, supporters, and authors from any and all liability or obligations arising from the access or use of the WPR website, or any public forum or other area of the WPR website. A user's sole remedy for any problem or concern is to leave the WPR website. You agree that you will indemnify and hold WPR harmless for any loss, damages or liability suffered by WPR as a result of your use of the WPR website, or your submission of any material to WPR or the WPR website. WPR reserves the right to restrict or limit access to the WPR website.
6. Posting And Comments. User or third party submissions or postings are the views of the author or poster. They do not necessarily reflect the views of WPR. WPR reserves the right to edit any postings or material submitted to it, for any reason. WPR has the sole discretion over whether to publish, edit or delete any material submitted to the WPR website. By submitting any postings, comments or other messages to WPR, the commenter gives WPR all rights to the material and authorizes WPR to publish the material in any media now known or hereafter developed, and to use, adapt, recast, distribute, display, perform, or transmit it in any way, as WPR may determine in its sole discretion. By submitting your name or other identifying data with a posting or other submission, you give WPR the right to publish that data, and to use that data for promotional or any other purpose. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or copyrighted material without authorization of the owner. The posting of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation is prohibited. Submission of any material that is obscene, defamatory, or that infringes any trademark, copyright, privacy right, or other legal right is prohibited.
WPR disclaims any responsibility for messages submitted to the discussion forum or other forums. WPR does not generally review these messages and has no responsibility for their content. WPR reserves the right to review or edit such messages, and to restrict or deny access to the Feedback Forum, public discussion sections, or other part of the WPR website. WPR does not knowingly collect or seek any data or submissions from people under the age of 13.
If you believe in good faith that any content on the WPR website infringes your copyright, you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, though we cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your correspondence. Notices should be sent to email@example.com.
7. Governing Law And Forum. This WPR website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by WPR from its offices within the United States of America. By accessing this WPR website you agree that the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this site. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in the State of Florida with respect to such matters, and you hereby consent to extra-territorial service of process, provided, however, that at the election of WPR any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or your use of this Site shall be resolved solely by arbitration as set forth in Paragraph 8 below. WPR makes no representation that materials on this WPR website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between WPR and you with respect to your use of the WPR website, and supersedes and extinguishes any and all prior written or oral agreements between WPR and you with respect to this subject matter.
11. Subscription information and refund policy: Subscribers who wish to cancel their subscriptions before the end of a subscription term can submit refund requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below and a refund for any unused portion of a subscription will be granted.
12. Contact. Please send any notices, comments, or questions to: email@example.com or by mail to World Politics Review LLC, PO Box 10398, Tampa, FL, 33679-0398.