In the border town of Nuevo Laredo, a stronghold of the powerful Los Zetas cartel, the body of a Mexican blogger who had reported on the activities of drug cartels was found decapitated next to a monument in the center of town. The execution was apparently meant as a stark warning to those who would use the Internet to fight back against the crime and violence perpetuated by the cartels.
Keep reading for free!
Get instant access to the rest of this article as well as three free articles per month. You'll also receive our free email newsletter to stay up to date on all our coverage:
Or, Subscribe now to get full access.
Already a subscriber? Log in here .
What you’ll get with an All-Access subscription to World Politics Review:
A WPR subscription is like no other resource — it’s like having your own personal researcher and analyst for news and events around the globe. Subscribe now, and you’ll get:
- Immediate and instant access to the full searchable library of 15,000+ articles
- Daily articles with original analysis, written by leading topic experts, delivered to you every weekday
- Weekly in-depth reports on important issues and countries
- Daily links to must-read news, analysis, and opinion from top sources around the globe, curated by our keen-eyed team of editors
- Your choice of weekly region-specific newsletters, delivered to your inbox.
- Smartphone- and tablet-friendly website.
- Completely ad-free reading.
And all of this is available to you when you subscribe today.