In the border town of Nuevo Laredo, a stronghold of the powerful Los Zetas cartel, the body of a Mexican blogger who had reported on the activities of drug cartels was found decapitated next to a monument in the center of town. The execution was apparently meant as a stark warning to those who would use the Internet to fight back against the crime and violence perpetuated by the cartels.
Keep reading for free!
Get instant access to the rest of this article by submitting your email address below. You'll also get access to three articles of your choice each month and our free newsletter:
now to get full access.
Already a subscriber?
Log in here
What you’ll get with an All-Access subscription to World Politics Review:
A WPR subscription is like no other resource — it’s like having a personal curator and expert analyst of global affairs news. Subscribe now, and you’ll get:
- Immediate and instant access to the full searchable library of tens of thousands of articles.
- Daily articles with original analysis, written by leading topic experts, delivered to you every weekday.
- Regular in-depth articles with deep dives into important issues and countries.
- The Daily Review email, with our take on the day’s most important news, the latest WPR analysis, what’s on our radar, and more.
- The Weekly Review email, with quick summaries of the week’s most important coverage, and what’s to come.
- Completely ad-free reading.
And all of this is available to you when you subscribe today.
More World Politics Review