As highlighted in today's Media Roundup, last week the Knesset (Israel's legislative branch) passed a draft of a controversial bill which would allow the Jewish National Fund -- an organization owning 13 percent of Israeli land -- to discriminate against non-Jewish Israeli citizens in the sale and rent of its land.
The bill risks fueling racial tensions between Jews and Israeli-Arabs. According to the CIA factbook, 24 percent of Israel's 6,400,000 inhabitants are non-Jewish. Haaretz, a liberal Israeli daily, condemned the bill in an editorial -- a piece expressing the newspaper's official view:
Keep reading for free!
Get instant access to the rest of this article by submitting your email address below. You'll also get access to three articles of your choice each month and our free newsletter:
Or, Subscribe now to get full access.
Already a subscriber? Log in here .
What you’ll get with an All-Access subscription to World Politics Review:
A WPR subscription is like no other resource — it’s like having a personal curator and expert analyst of global affairs news. Subscribe now, and you’ll get:
- Immediate and instant access to WPR’s fully searchable library of 16,000+ articles
- Daily articles with original analysis, written by leading topic experts, delivered to you every weekday
- Weekly in-depth reports on important issues and countries
- Daily links to must-read news and analysis from top sources around the globe, curated by our keen-eyed team of editors
- The Weekly Wrap-Up email, with highlights of the week’s most important coverage, and what’s to come.
- Completely ad-free reading.
And all of this is available to you when you subscribe today.