The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Obama Faces Nothing but Problems in Finding Hagel Replacement
- In South Sudan, U.N. Peacekeepers’ Biggest Challenge: Staying Neutral
- Diplomatic Fallout: Bold or Not, Next U.N. Secretary-General Faces World of Pain
- After U.S.-China Climate Deal, India Feels the Heat on Growing Emissions
- Strategic Horizons: Understanding the Enemy: Inside the Mind of the Islamic State