The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Will Draw Back From Middle East, But How Far?
- Global Insights: Hagel Visit Shows Limits of U.S. Agenda in Afghanistan, Pakistan
- OPEC Faces Perfect Storm of Global Supply Glut, Internal Tensions
- Japan Boosts Efforts to Curb China's Counterfeiting
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power