The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Chemical Weapons Regime Must Be Updated to Better Counter Terrorist Threat
- Strategic Horizons: The U.S. Army Makes Its Case for Post-COIN Relevance
- World Citizen: Islamic State Fight Could Leave Lasting Scars on U.S.-Turkey Ties
- New Growth for Nuclear Energy Depends on Asia
- The Realist Prism: For U.S., Middle East ‘Moderates’ a Fool’s Errand