The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the Ukraine Crisis Is Good for Obama
- Local Marijuana Legalization in U.S., Mexico May Impact Hemisphere-Wide Policy
- The Realist Prism: Obama Must Choose What Comes Next for U.S.-Russia
- Strategic Horizons: Russia’s Ukraine Invasion Signifies a Changing Global Order
- Global Insights: Russia Gambling That Ukraine Crisis Can Revert to Familiar Script