The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Full-Spectrum Diplomacy: Restoring Trust in CIA Key After Senate Torture Report
- U.S. Failure to Clarify Interests in Cyberspace Weakens Deterrence
- NSA Leaks Fallout Will Fade Faster Than Hit to U.S. Pride
- The Realist Prism: West’s Tactical Blunders on Ukraine Go Unquestioned
- World Citizen: For Israel-Palestine, a Weak Peace Process is Better Than None