The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Support for Syrian Rebels Serves Political, not Military, Purposes
- Diplomatic Fallout: Frustrations Mount for Both the U.S. and Its Foes at the U.N.
- Global Insights: For U.S. and South Korea, Missile Defense Looms as Next Big Challenge
- The Realist Prism: The International Order Faces a Fateful and Perilous Winter
- India Pursues Scandinavian Partnerships to Join Arctic Race