The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: For Hint of Iraq’s Future, Take Another Look at Vietnam War
- Reality Check: The Real Iraq War Debate’s Lessons for U.S. Foreign Policy
- Strategic Horizons: Robotic Revolution Opens New Front for Homeland Security
- World Citizen: Camp David Summit Is U.S. Debut for Rising Saudi Prince
- Reality Check: Crisis Inflation: Why the World Is Actually Safe for America