The State Department announced on Friday that the U.S. global AIDS coordinator, Ambassador Eric Goosby, will lead the new Office of Global Health Diplomacy while continuing to head the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The appointment follows up on a plan announced earlier this year, when the administration shut down its Global Health Initiative (GHI), a program launched only in 2009. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: Rethinking War Colleges and the Education of U.S. Military Leaders
- Global Insights: China Advances on Missile Defense, With Eye on Dissuading Rivals
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Rethink Unsustainable Counterterrorism Strategy