Delegations from India and Brazil toured South Africa’s defense industry in November to explore possibilities for defense cooperation among the three IBSA countries. In an email interview, Daniel Flemes, a researcher in the Institute of Latin American Studies at the German Institute of Global and Area Studies, discussed IBSA defense cooperation.
WPR: What is the recent history of defense cooperation within IBSA in terms of defense industry collaboration and military-to-military cooperation? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Uruguay’s Election a Choice Between Two Models for Economic Growth
- Bolivia, ALBA Left Succeed With Pragmatic Authoritarian Model
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Partnerships With Turkey, India ‘Pivotal’ to Strategic Success
- Bolivia’s Morales Set to Ride Pragmatic Populism to Landslide
- The Realist Prism: Modi’s Visit Foreshadows Challenges for ‘Lame Duck’ Obama