Delegations from India and Brazil toured South Africa’s defense industry in November to explore possibilities for defense cooperation among the three IBSA countries. In an email interview, Daniel Flemes, a researcher in the Institute of Latin American Studies at the German Institute of Global and Area Studies, discussed IBSA defense cooperation.
WPR: What is the recent history of defense cooperation within IBSA in terms of defense industry collaboration and military-to-military cooperation? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Despite U.S. Efforts, Root Causes of Migration Crisis Prevail in Central America
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Watches From Sidelines as Global Leaders Gather in Brazil
- In Latin America Tour, China’s Xi Shows Maturing Approach to Region
- Without Clear Goals, Venezuela Sanctions Likely to Be Counterproductive