On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Defying Predictions, China Manages Slowdown to Avoid Social Shocks
- China's Yuan Boosted by U.K. Bond Deal, but Won't Rival Dollar—Yet
- Energy, Defense Deals Highlight Vietnam’s Role in India’s ‘Act East’ Policy
- Despite Poor Optics, China-Argentina Deals Reflect Both Sides' Pragmatism
- Global Insights: High-Profile Naval Visit Belies China’s Low-Profile Approach to Iran