On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: China Advances on Missile Defense, With Eye on Dissuading Rivals
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Watches From Sidelines as Global Leaders Gather in Brazil
- World Citizen: As U.S. Pivot Stalls, Developments in East Asia Speed Ahead
- In Latin America Tour, China’s Xi Shows Maturing Approach to Region
- Global Insights: Xi’s Visit Brings No Breakthrough in China-South Korea Ties