On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: In Ukraine Crisis, China Chooses Russia Ties Over Principles
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the Ukraine Crisis Is Good for Obama
- India Expands Strategic Trade in East Asia to Balance China
- The Realist Prism: Why the U.S. Always Calls for Dialogue, and Why it Always Fails
- Myanmar Assumes ASEAN Chairmanship at Critical Time for Domestic Reforms