On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan Boosts Efforts to Curb China's Counterfeiting
- China’s Plenum Reforms May Depend on Xi’s Leadership Skills
- China’s Middle East Policy Faces Long-Term Challenge From Continuing Turmoil
- Global Insights: With Air Defense Zone, China Scores ‘Own Goal’ in South Korea
- Global Insights: Nuclear Displays Show That China Has Learned to Love the Bomb