On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Having Amassed Power, Thailand’s Junta Still Faces Legitimacy Gap
- China Buys Up European Assets to Push Back Against U.S. Free Trade Deals
- His Popularity Waning, Embattled Aquino Overreaches in the Philippines
- To Ease Tensions, U.S. Must Back Up South China Sea ‘Freeze’ With Enforcement
- Jokowi’s Big Maritime Plans for Indonesia Need International Support