On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: In Ukraine, Russia Reveals Its Mastery of Unrestricted Warfare
- Australia’s Abbott Seeks to Balance Japan, South Korea and China on Asian Trip
- Taiwan’s Sunflower Movement Chooses Democracy Over China Trade Pact
- Beijing Finds Neither ‘Iron-Fisted Rule’ Nor Development Bring Order to Xinjiang
- Court Ruling Reinforces Thailand’s Coup Culture and Augurs More Turmoil