On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: As China Ponders BMD Options, U.S. Must Consider Responses
- Fishing Wars: China’s Aggression Could Stoke Future Conflict
- Botched Raid, Missing Stakeholders Mar Philippines Peace Process
- World Citizen: China’s New Latin America Ties Are Strategic, Not Just Economic
- The Realist Prism: Fresh Off Obama’s India Trip, China’s Xi Courts Modi