On Tuesday, a Chinese court sentenced four members of a Myanmar drug gang to death for hijacking two Chinese cargo boats and kidnapping and killing 13 Chinese crewmembers on the Mekong River last year.
The defendants, including two other gang members who received lesser sentences, were charged with “intentional homicide, drug trafficking, kidnapping and ship hijacking,” as reported by the Associated Press. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan-China Maritime Talks Signal Slow Thaw in East China Sea
- Global Insights: In State of the Union, Obama Should Not Forget Asia
- New Deals Shore Up China’s Stakes in Venezuela and Ecuador
- With Cambodia Resettlement Deal, Australia Tests Refugee Norms
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lessons in Secret Diplomacy From the First Christmas