The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- After Years of Talk, U.S.-India Defense Ties Gain Traction
- Improve India’s Public Health by Fixing Government Health Camps
- The Realist Prism: Fresh Off Obama’s India Trip, China’s Xi Courts Modi
- The Realist Prism: India Visit Successful, but Will Obama Follow Through?
- Global Insights: Bond With Modi Helps Obama’s India Visit Exceed Expectations