The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- Strategic Horizons: For U.S. in Afghanistan, Zero Option Not So Bad After All
- Pakistan’s Kayani Leaves Behind Mixed Legacy of Reform as Army Chief
- Policy Debate Over Drone Strikes Muddied by Competing Data
- Maldives Election Leaves Doubts About Democratic Transition