The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- Global Insights: Putin Courts Modi to Advance Russia-India Economic Ties
- China’s Marshall Plan: All Silk Roads Lead to Beijing?
- Global Insights: In Asia, Confusion About U.S. Priorities Threatens Goals of Pivot
- Global Insights: Russia-Pakistan Defense Accord Signals Shifting Regional Alignments