The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- After U.S.-China Climate Deal, India Feels the Heat on Growing Emissions
- Diplomatic Fallout: Big-Power ‘Buffering’ Mechanisms Needed to Manage Era of Disorder
- U.S.-China Regional Rivalry Could Overshadow APEC Summit
- Border Violence in Baluchistan Tests Iran-Pakistan Relations
- Can Afghanistan’s Ghani Avoid the Pitfalls of the Resource Curse?