The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- India Expands Strategic Trade in East Asia to Balance China
- For Nepal, New Prime Minister and Guarded Optimism, but Same Problems
- Market Access at Issue as India, South Korea Move to Expand Ties
- Global Insights: As U.S. Draws Down, India Raises Security Profile in Afghanistan
- For Economy and Security, India Must Prioritize Fight Against Illicit Trade