The Indian government finally approved a plan last week to allow international firms such as Wal-Mart to own 51 percent of multibrand retail stores. In an email interview, Pravakar Sahoo, an associate professor at the Institute for Economic Growth in India, discussed India’s retail opening.
WPR: What concrete changes will the retail opening bring to India's economy? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- U.S., India Seek to Move Defense Ties Beyond Arms Sales
- After Successful Visit, Modi Must Deliver on India-Nepal Relations
- BRICS Bank Will Bolster, Not Challenge, Global Financial System
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Rethink Unsustainable Counterterrorism Strategy
- Global Insights: For Afghanistan Election, After Kerry Deal Comes the Hard Part