Andrew Exum is a fellow at the Center for a New American Security, and author of the influential counterinsurgency blog Abu Muqawama. He just returned from a month in Afghanistan, where he took part in recently appointed U.S. and Coalition commander Gen. Stanley McChrystal's 60-day review of strategy and operations. He graciously agreed to talk with WPR Managing Editor Judah Grunstein about his impressions from his trip. The views expressed here are his own, and do not reflect any U.S. government or military position, nor the views of the CNAS.
The following is an edited and abridged transcript of the interview. The full audio file is available as a WPR podcast here. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- India’s Supreme Court on Progressive Roll After Anti-Gay Ruling
- Game Changer? China’s Ambitious Economic Corridor Plan for Pakistan
- World Citizen: In New Rivalry, Great Powers Come Calling on India and Pakistan
- Despite Talk of Peace in Afghanistan, the Taliban Prepare to Fight
- Qatar Ties Reflect India’s Middle East Balancing Act