Andrew Exum is a fellow at the Center for a New American Security, and author of the influential counterinsurgency blog Abu Muqawama. He just returned from a month in Afghanistan, where he took part in recently appointed U.S. and Coalition commander Gen. Stanley McChrystal's 60-day review of strategy and operations. He graciously agreed to talk with WPR Managing Editor Judah Grunstein about his impressions from his trip. The views expressed here are his own, and do not reflect any U.S. government or military position, nor the views of the CNAS.
The following is an edited and abridged transcript of the interview. The full audio file is available as a WPR podcast here. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Partnerships With Turkey, India ‘Pivotal’ to Strategic Success
- The Realist Prism: Modi’s Visit Foreshadows Challenges for ‘Lame Duck’ Obama
- Energy, Defense Deals Highlight Vietnam’s Role in India’s ‘Act East’ Policy
- Global Insights: Responding to Crises, SCO Finally Embraces Expansion
- World Citizen: Don't Underestimate Significance of India-Japan Love Affair