A remarkable transformation is underway in a country where most people were nomadic herders a generation ago.
Mongolia has the fastest-growing economy in the world, with GDP increasing by more than 17 percent last year. It sits on vast precious metal and mineral resources: The 10 biggest deposits alone are estimated to be worth almost $1.5 trillion. Given all this wealth in a country of only 3 million people, Mongolia has the potential to become an Asian version of Norway. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Cambodia Power-Sharing Deal Could Usher In Wider Democratic Reform
- World Citizen: In South Korea, Ferry Disaster Still Claiming Victims
- New Agenda Reflects Growing Energy Role for Lusophone Bloc
- Global Insights: China Advances on Missile Defense, With Eye on Dissuading Rivals
- Japan Deepens Ties With Central Asia, but Still Trails Russia, China