A remarkable transformation is underway in a country where most people were nomadic herders a generation ago.
Mongolia has the fastest-growing economy in the world, with GDP increasing by more than 17 percent last year. It sits on vast precious metal and mineral resources: The 10 biggest deposits alone are estimated to be worth almost $1.5 trillion. Given all this wealth in a country of only 3 million people, Mongolia has the potential to become an Asian version of Norway. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Can Afghanistan’s Ghani Avoid the Pitfalls of the Resource Curse?
- Global Insights: For U.S. and South Korea, Missile Defense Looms as Next Big Challenge
- The Realist Prism: The International Order Faces a Fateful and Perilous Winter
- India Pursues Scandinavian Partnerships to Join Arctic Race
- World Citizen: As Oil Prices Drop, Some Seek Hidden Hands Behind Market Forces