A remarkable transformation is underway in a country where most people were nomadic herders a generation ago.
Mongolia has the fastest-growing economy in the world, with GDP increasing by more than 17 percent last year. It sits on vast precious metal and mineral resources: The 10 biggest deposits alone are estimated to be worth almost $1.5 trillion. Given all this wealth in a country of only 3 million people, Mongolia has the potential to become an Asian version of Norway. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Greece’s Reversal Puts China’s Mediterranean Plans Back on Track
- Global Insights: As China Ponders BMD Options, U.S. Must Consider Responses
- After Years of Talk, U.S.-India Defense Ties Gain Traction
- Fishing Wars: China’s Aggression Could Stoke Future Conflict
- North Korea’s Economic Reforms Constrained by Geopolitical Isolation