A remarkable transformation is underway in a country where most people were nomadic herders a generation ago.
Mongolia has the fastest-growing economy in the world, with GDP increasing by more than 17 percent last year. It sits on vast precious metal and mineral resources: The 10 biggest deposits alone are estimated to be worth almost $1.5 trillion. Given all this wealth in a country of only 3 million people, Mongolia has the potential to become an Asian version of Norway. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $9 monthly or $59/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: China the Likely Winner if U.S. Intervenes in Syria
- China-India Border Incident Highlights Uncertainties in Bilateral Relations
- Global Insights: Sharif’s Victory Offers U.S. Opportunity to Reset Pakistan Ties
- With New Defense White Paper, Australia Rebalances
- Sharif Poised for Return to National Stage in Pakistan Elections