With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: To Address Migrant Crisis, Europe Must Boost Security in Near Abroad
- Zambia’s Presidential Carousel Spins as Rivals Jockey to Succeed Sata
- Tensions Rise Between Rouhani and Iran’s Powerful Revolutionary Guard
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Zimbabwe Infighting Opens Mugabe Succession Battle