With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Obama’s Muddled Messaging Encourages U.S. Allies to Free Ride
- Political Jockeying Puts Cote d’Ivoire’s Reconciliation in Jeopardy
- Global Insights: Low-Key Caspian Sea Summit Has Far-Reaching Implications
- France Joins Fight Against Islamic State Group to Revive Ties to Iraq
- Yemen’s Hawthis Redraw Political Map, Upend Transition