With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Iran’s Structural Constraints Limit Rouhani’s Domestic Agenda
- In Lebanon, New Government Unlikely to Herald New Political Era
- The Realist Prism: Venezuela, Ukraine Challenge Assumptions Behind Defense Cuts
- Regional Tensions Complicate South Sudan’s Crisis
- World Citizen: A Budding Love Affair Between Israel and Latin America