With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: Emerging Neo-Feudal World Leaving U.S., Global Security Behind
- Saudi War Rhetoric Belied by Yemen’s Fractured Battlefield
- World Citizen: For Israel, No Good Outcomes in Syria’s War
- Global Insights: As Iran Deal Nears, U.S. Must Also Reassure Central Asia, Caucasus
- Conflict Fears Fade in Mozambique, but Renamo’s Demands Do Not