With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- In Power, Tunisia’s Secularists Must Now Tackle Islamic Militancy
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Support for Syrian Rebels Serves Political, not Military, Purposes
- World Citizen: In Tunisia, Arab Spring Can Be Written Without Quotation Marks
- Syria Jihadi Role Puts Georgia’s Extremists in Spotlight
- Nigeria Beats Ebola, but Offers Little Leadership to West Africa