With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lacking Security Strategy, EU Counts on Nearby Crises to Absorb Threats
- International Law Solutions Fall Short for Israelis, Palestinians in Gaza Conflict
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time
- World Citizen: In Israel, Pragmatism Could Trump Ideology After the Fighting