With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $9 monthly or $59/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: To Draw Down War on Terror, Obama Must Turn Rhetoric Into Action
- World Citizen: In Qusair, Assad and Hezbollah Show Their Hand
- Security Vacuum Threatens Central African Republic’s Political Transition
- Strategic Horizons: Endgame Scenarios for the Syrian Conflict
- Global Insights: Syria Crisis Overshadows Broader Turkey-U.S. Tensions