With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: For France’s Hollande, African Interventions a Strategic Failure
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power
- A Compromised Hegemon, South Africa Must Rethink Its African Peace Operations
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad