With the turmoil in North Africa impacting Turkey's primary commercial ties with the continent, Turkish exports to sub-Saharan Africa have grown sharply this year. In an email interview, Thomas Wheeler, a longtime South African diplomat and researcher at the South African Institute for International Affairs, discussed Turkey-Africa relations.
WPR: What is the history of Turkey's trade and diplomatic relations with sub-Saharan Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Rebel Divisions Already Plague Latest Round of Mali Peace Talks
- Uganda’s Longtime Strongman Faces a New Rival: His Restless Soldiers
- Global Insights: When it Comes to Nonproliferation, China Has Been a ‘Free Rider’
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the International System Is Still Worth Fighting For
- Iran’s Rouhani Stokes Domestic Backlash With Attack on Critics