So Ehud Olmert has now admitted to taking bundles of cash from a NY financier, but denies it was for personal gain. The money apparently went to fund his re-election as mayor of Jerusalem, and to fund the Likud party. I don't know a whole lot about Israeli campaign finance laws, but I imagine that suitcases full of cash that go undeclared until a police raid on your home probably violate them. Olmert has refused to quit, but did promise to resign in the event he's indicted, which seems pretty big of him.
- Strategic Horizons: Endgame Scenarios for the Syrian Conflict
- Global Insights: Syria Crisis Overshadows Broader Turkey-U.S. Tensions
- The Realist Prism: China the Likely Winner if U.S. Intervenes in Syria
- Russia Tries to Manage Arab Awakening From the Outside
- The Realist Prism: Narrowed Focus in U.S.-Russia Relations Proves Productive