Timor-Leste Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao paid a three-day visit to Vietnam this month to promote bilateral relations. In an email interview, Michael Leach, associate professor of politics and public policy at Australia’s Swinburne University researching Timor-Leste politics, explained Timor-Leste’s foreign policy priorities and its growing role in its region.
WPR: Which countries are Timor-Leste's closest regional partners? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Defying Predictions, China Manages Slowdown to Avoid Social Shocks
- China's Yuan Boosted by U.K. Bond Deal, but Won't Rival Dollar—Yet
- Energy, Defense Deals Highlight Vietnam’s Role in India’s ‘Act East’ Policy
- Despite Poor Optics, China-Argentina Deals Reflect Both Sides' Pragmatism
- Global Insights: High-Profile Naval Visit Belies China’s Low-Profile Approach to Iran