Timor-Leste Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao paid a three-day visit to Vietnam this month to promote bilateral relations. In an email interview, Michael Leach, associate professor of politics and public policy at Australia’s Swinburne University researching Timor-Leste politics, explained Timor-Leste’s foreign policy priorities and its growing role in its region.
WPR: Which countries are Timor-Leste's closest regional partners? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Game Changer? China’s Ambitious Economic Corridor Plan for Pakistan
- Amid Political Infighting, Malaysia’s Democratic Slide Continues
- Global Insights: New Technologies Complicate U.S.-Russia-China Arms Control
- World Citizen: In New Rivalry, Great Powers Come Calling on India and Pakistan
- Despite Talk of Peace in Afghanistan, the Taliban Prepare to Fight