Timor-Leste Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao paid a three-day visit to Vietnam this month to promote bilateral relations. In an email interview, Michael Leach, associate professor of politics and public policy at Australia’s Swinburne University researching Timor-Leste politics, explained Timor-Leste’s foreign policy priorities and its growing role in its region.
WPR: Which countries are Timor-Leste's closest regional partners? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: Emerging Threat of Lone Wolf Terrorism Requires Cold Rationality
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Global Insights: Putin Courts Modi to Advance Russia-India Economic Ties
- China’s Marshall Plan: All Silk Roads Lead to Beijing?