Timor-Leste Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao paid a three-day visit to Vietnam this month to promote bilateral relations. In an email interview, Michael Leach, associate professor of politics and public policy at Australia’s Swinburne University researching Timor-Leste politics, explained Timor-Leste’s foreign policy priorities and its growing role in its region.
WPR: Which countries are Timor-Leste's closest regional partners? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Singapore Faces Challenges Near and Far in Post-Lee Kuan Yew Era
- Global Insights: Caspian States Boost Security, Economy With Trilateral Partnerships
- Hard-line Politics in India and Pakistan Stymie Deeper Trade Ties
- International Pressure Could Still Turn the Tide on Mekong Dams
- Global Insights: Spoilers Emerge as Iran Nuclear Talks Reach Delicate Endgame