Timor-Leste Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao paid a three-day visit to Vietnam this month to promote bilateral relations. In an email interview, Michael Leach, associate professor of politics and public policy at Australia’s Swinburne University researching Timor-Leste politics, explained Timor-Leste’s foreign policy priorities and its growing role in its region.
WPR: Which countries are Timor-Leste's closest regional partners? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: No Passing Fad, Russia-China Friendship Puts West in a Bind
- New Growth for Nuclear Energy Depends on Asia
- Global Insights: U.S., Japan Update Defense Guidelines to Expand Operations
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Partnerships With Turkey, India ‘Pivotal’ to Strategic Success
- The Realist Prism: Modi’s Visit Foreshadows Challenges for ‘Lame Duck’ Obama