This month, Saudi Arabia reportedly offered to buy up to $15 billion worth of Russian arms if Russia would reduce its support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. In an email interview, Andrej Kreutz, an expert on Russia-Middle East relations and adjunct assistant professor at the University of Calgary, explained the recent trajectory of Russian-Saudi relations.
WPR: What has been the trajectory of Russian-Saudi relations in the past few years? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Even After Midterms, Obama Faces Hard Choices on Energy, Climate
- As New Space Powers Emerge, NASA More Unreliable as Partner
- Global Insights: Hagel Launches New U.S. Defense Initiatives to Address Old Problems
- EU Trade Deal Limits EAC’s Options for Future Trade Policy
- Accountability, Stability at Stake in Romania’s Presidential Election