In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Shifts in Cultivation, Usage Put Bolivia’s Coca Policy at the Crossroads
- World Citizen: In Post-Chavez Venezuela, a Dystopian Drama Unfolds
- After Presidential Election, Honduras Will Need U.S. Support to Tackle Challenges
- In Chile, Presidential Election Outcome Certain, Future Less So
- The Realist Prism: Can Obama Avoid a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of U.S. Decline?