In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- To Rebound After Defeat, El Salvador’s ARENA Must Move Beyond Fear
- NSA Leaks Fallout Will Fade Faster Than Hit to U.S. Pride
- Strategic Horizons: Amid Debate, U.S. Shares Drone Approach With Partners
- Cuba’s New Foreign Investment Law Is a Bet on the Future
- World Citizen: Venezuela, Once an Ideological Magnet, Now Worries Region