In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: To Deter Adversaries, U.S. Military Must First Understand Their Fears
- World Citizen: U.S. Frets as Key Allies Flock to Join China’s AIIB
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Outreach to Iran, Cuba Still Lacks Broader Strategic Framework
- Strategic Horizons: Iran Deal Opponents Have Forgotten the Logic of Arms Control
- After Petrocaribe, New Sources Key to Caribbean Energy Security