In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- As Climate Changes, Central America Lags on Improving Food Security
- Mexico’s Unfinished Education Reform Key to Pena Nieto’s Economic Agenda
- Falling Oil Prices Push Venezuela, Maduro Closer to the Edge
- Uruguay’s Election a Choice Between Two Models for Economic Growth
- Bolivia, ALBA Left Succeed With Pragmatic Authoritarian Model