In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Chile Bombings Threaten Nonviolent Anarchist Movement’s Gains
- Despite Poor Optics, China-Argentina Deals Reflect Both Sides' Pragmatism
- Border Disputes, Political Tensions Threaten Needed Cooperation in Central America
- World Citizen: Brazil Plane Crash Spawns Two-Woman Presidential Race
- How Latin America Can Maximize its Shale Gas Potential