In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Local Marijuana Legalization in U.S., Mexico May Impact Hemisphere-Wide Policy
- U.K.’s Growing Engagement in Latin America Faces Risks and Competition
- The Realist Prism: Venezuela, Ukraine Challenge Assumptions Behind Defense Cuts
- World Citizen: A Budding Love Affair Between Israel and Latin America
- The Realist Prism: Why the U.S. Always Calls for Dialogue, and Why it Always Fails