In Honduras, the Central American country with the highest homicide rate in the world, the two largest and most dangerous street gangs declared a truce Tuesday.
The agreement between MS-13 and Barrio 18 is modeled after one that took effect last year between the same gangs in El Salvador. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- New Agenda Reflects Growing Energy Role for Lusophone Bloc
- In Need of Investment, Peru Rolls Back Environmental Standards
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Despite U.S. Efforts, Root Causes of Migration Crisis Prevail in Central America
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Watches From Sidelines as Global Leaders Gather in Brazil