Earlier this month, the Japanese Defense Ministry said two Russian fighter jets had violated its airspace, roughly a month after Japan announced a similar violation by China. In an email interview, Richard Bitzinger, an expert in Asia-Pacific military modernization at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, discussed the state of the Japanese Air Self-Defense Forces and Japan’s response to regional tensions.
WPR: What is the current state of the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF)? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: In State of the Union, Obama Should Not Forget Asia
- New Deals Shore Up China’s Stakes in Venezuela and Ecuador
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- China’s Marshall Plan: All Silk Roads Lead to Beijing?
- Global Insights: In Asia, Confusion About U.S. Priorities Threatens Goals of Pivot