Earlier this month, the Japanese Defense Ministry said two Russian fighter jets had violated its airspace, roughly a month after Japan announced a similar violation by China. In an email interview, Richard Bitzinger, an expert in Asia-Pacific military modernization at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, discussed the state of the Japanese Air Self-Defense Forces and Japan’s response to regional tensions.
WPR: What is the current state of the Japanese Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF)? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Responding to Crises, SCO Finally Embraces Expansion
- World Citizen: Don't Underestimate Significance of India-Japan Love Affair
- Despite Modi Visit, Nuclear Impasse Continues to Limit India-Japan Ties
- China Buys Up European Assets to Push Back Against U.S. Free Trade Deals
- Global Insights: When it Comes to Nonproliferation, China Has Been a ‘Free Rider’