In mid-January, militants raided Algeria’s In Amenas gas field, sparking a crisis that ended with the deaths of at least 37 hostages. Anne Korin, co-director of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, an energy security research organization, explained in an email interview why the oil and gas industry is an attractive target for terrorists.
WPR: What makes the oil and gas industry an attractive target for terrorists? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Though Politically Attractive, U.S. ‘Train and Equip’ Missions Often Disappoint
- Global Insights: Once Again Relevant, NATO Will Now Be Judged on Effectiveness
- Diplomatic Fallout: Despite Fighting Words, NATO Haunted by Three Recent Defeats
- Strategic Horizons: The Price of Defeating the Islamic State
- The Realist Prism: On Iraq and Ukraine, Obama Must Balance Caution and Decisiveness