In mid-January, militants raided Algeria’s In Amenas gas field, sparking a crisis that ended with the deaths of at least 37 hostages. Anne Korin, co-director of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, an energy security research organization, explained in an email interview why the oil and gas industry is an attractive target for terrorists.
WPR: What makes the oil and gas industry an attractive target for terrorists? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- China’s Middle East Policy Faces Long-Term Challenge From Continuing Turmoil
- Strategic Horizons: To Succeed, Iran Deal Needs a Dose of Realism