Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- OPEC Faces Perfect Storm of Global Supply Glut, Internal Tensions
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- China’s Middle East Policy Faces Long-Term Challenge From Continuing Turmoil