Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: One Month On, Gauging Saudi Arabia’s New King
- Libya Needs More Than Unity Government to Halt IS Rise
- Strategic Horizons: The U.S. Must Prepare for the Dissolution of Iraq
- World Citizen: Islamic State Targets Minorities to Exploit Rifts in Arab Societies
- The Realist Prism: Crises in Ukraine, Libya Confront NATO With Risk of Division