Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Saudi Arabia’s Wahhabi Folly: Domestic Crackdown, Global Export
- Diplomatic Fallout: Will Libya, Nigeria Trigger Nation-Building’s Comeback in 2015?
- World Citizen: Prosecutor’s Death Raises Suspicions From Argentina to Iran
- Strategic Horizons: The Paris Attacks and the Logic of Insurgency
- World Citizen: In Bitter Irony, Jihadi Women Serve as Useful Propaganda