Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Saudi Arabia Walks Tightrope With Shift in Syria, Regional Policies
- Iran’s Structural Constraints Limit Rouhani’s Domestic Agenda
- In Lebanon, New Government Unlikely to Herald New Political Era
- The Realist Prism: Venezuela, Ukraine Challenge Assumptions Behind Defense Cuts
- World Citizen: A Budding Love Affair Between Israel and Latin America