Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Syria Jihadi Role Puts Georgia’s Extremists in Spotlight
- World Citizen: As Oil Prices Drop, Some Seek Hidden Hands Behind Market Forces
- The Realist Prism: GOP’s Inconsistent Foreign Policy Appeal in Midterms Could Backfire
- Falling Oil Prices Push Venezuela, Maduro Closer to the Edge
- Global Insights: Chemical Weapons Regime Must Be Updated to Better Counter Terrorist Threat