Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Tensions Rise Between Rouhani and Iran’s Powerful Revolutionary Guard
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Global Trends Point to Fragmentation of International Crisis Management
- Syria Blowback: U.S. Air Campaign Lethal, but Drives IS Recruitment
- The Realist Prism: In U.S.-Russia Relations, Differences Now Outweigh Overlapping Interests