Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: When it Comes to Nonproliferation, China Has Been a ‘Free Rider’
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the International System Is Still Worth Fighting For
- Iran’s Rouhani Stokes Domestic Backlash With Attack on Critics
- The Realist Prism: Time for the U.S. to Make Hard Choices on Russia, Middle East
- World Citizen: After Election Victory, Turkey's Erdogan Unlikely to Change Ways