Amid fears that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will pass weapons systems to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah, Israel apparently carried out an airstrike within Syria last night.
Regional officials told news outlets that Israel appeared to be targeting a convoy carrying SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles near the border with Lebanon, though Syria claimed Israel targeted a research facility near the capital, Damascus. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Syria, Ukraine May Force Obama to Learn to Love Coalitions of the Willing
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lacking Security Strategy, EU Counts on Nearby Crises to Absorb Threats
- International Law Solutions Fall Short for Israelis, Palestinians in Gaza Conflict
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time