European Union member states, Canada and the United States have all committed military transport aircraft to move troops and equipment from Europe to West Africa in support of the French offensive to reclaim northern Mali from Islamist rebels.
Six American C-17 Globemaster III aircraft are flying missions as part of U.S. Africa Command’s effort to support French operations, while one Canadian C-17 and two British C-17s are also flying cargo to support the air and land campaign. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Managing Partnerships, not Enlargement, Is NATO’s Real Challenge
- The Realist Prism: Despite Hope of Minsk Summit, Damage Done to Russia-West Relations
- How Latin America Can Maximize its Shale Gas Potential
- Strategic Horizons: 2016 Election Will Redraw Road Map for U.S. National Security
- Global Insights: When it Comes to Nonproliferation, China Has Been a ‘Free Rider’