European Union member states, Canada and the United States have all committed military transport aircraft to move troops and equipment from Europe to West Africa in support of the French offensive to reclaim northern Mali from Islamist rebels.
Six American C-17 Globemaster III aircraft are flying missions as part of U.S. Africa Command’s effort to support French operations, while one Canadian C-17 and two British C-17s are also flying cargo to support the air and land campaign. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the Ukraine Crisis Is Good for Obama
- Local Marijuana Legalization in U.S., Mexico May Impact Hemisphere-Wide Policy
- The Realist Prism: Obama Must Choose What Comes Next for U.S.-Russia
- World Citizen: Russia’s Oil and Gas Are Weapons and Weakness in Ukraine Fight
- Strategic Horizons: Russia’s Ukraine Invasion Signifies a Changing Global Order