A Pakistani soldier was killed earlier today near the Line of Control (LOC), the de facto border dividing the disputed Kashmir region between India and Pakistan. The incident follows the death of two Indian soldiers and another Pakistani soldier in the same area in the past week.
Over the past five days, a series of cease-fire violations and deadly border clashes has led to rising tensions between India and Pakistan, threatening to reverse a recent trend of cooperation between these two countries, which have fought over Kashmir since their partition. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- After Years of Talk, U.S.-India Defense Ties Gain Traction
- Improve India’s Public Health by Fixing Government Health Camps
- The Realist Prism: Fresh Off Obama’s India Trip, China’s Xi Courts Modi
- The Realist Prism: India Visit Successful, but Will Obama Follow Through?
- Global Insights: Bond With Modi Helps Obama’s India Visit Exceed Expectations