A Pakistani soldier was killed earlier today near the Line of Control (LOC), the de facto border dividing the disputed Kashmir region between India and Pakistan. The incident follows the death of two Indian soldiers and another Pakistani soldier in the same area in the past week.
Over the past five days, a series of cease-fire violations and deadly border clashes has led to rising tensions between India and Pakistan, threatening to reverse a recent trend of cooperation between these two countries, which have fought over Kashmir since their partition. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- Global Insights: Putin Courts Modi to Advance Russia-India Economic Ties
- China’s Marshall Plan: All Silk Roads Lead to Beijing?
- Global Insights: In Asia, Confusion About U.S. Priorities Threatens Goals of Pivot
- Global Insights: Russia-Pakistan Defense Accord Signals Shifting Regional Alignments