A Pakistani soldier was killed earlier today near the Line of Control (LOC), the de facto border dividing the disputed Kashmir region between India and Pakistan. The incident follows the death of two Indian soldiers and another Pakistani soldier in the same area in the past week.
Over the past five days, a series of cease-fire violations and deadly border clashes has led to rising tensions between India and Pakistan, threatening to reverse a recent trend of cooperation between these two countries, which have fought over Kashmir since their partition. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: BRICS Still Have a Long Way to Go From Grouping to Alliance
- India’s Supreme Court on Progressive Roll After Anti-Gay Ruling
- Game Changer? China’s Ambitious Economic Corridor Plan for Pakistan
- World Citizen: In New Rivalry, Great Powers Come Calling on India and Pakistan
- Despite Talk of Peace in Afghanistan, the Taliban Prepare to Fight