The British government withheld a $34 million aid payment to Rwanda at the end of November, citing charges in a U.N. report that Rwanda is backing rebels in the neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo. In an email interview, Pamela Abbott, the acting director of research at the Institute of Policy Analysis and Research in Rwanda, reviewed the state of development aid to Rwanda.
WPR: Who are Rwanda's main aid partners, and how steady has this been over the years? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: In Ukraine, Russia Reveals Its Mastery of Unrestricted Warfare
- Global Insights: Modernization Leaves Russia’s Military Improved but Limited
- Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- NSA Leaks Fallout Will Fade Faster Than Hit to U.S. Pride
- The Realist Prism: West’s Tactical Blunders on Ukraine Go Unquestioned