Meeting with Enrique Peña Nieto in Ottawa shortly before the new Mexican president’s inauguration, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper pledged to work to reverse a sensitive visa requirement for Mexicans visiting Canada. In an email interview, Duncan Wood, director of the Mexico Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, discussed Canada-Mexico relations.*
WPR: What was the trajectory of Mexico-Canada relations under Mexican President Felipe Calderon? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: China Advances on Missile Defense, With Eye on Dissuading Rivals
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- In Need of Investment, Peru Rolls Back Environmental Standards
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Rethink Unsustainable Counterterrorism Strategy