Meeting with Enrique Peña Nieto in Ottawa shortly before the new Mexican president’s inauguration, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper pledged to work to reverse a sensitive visa requirement for Mexicans visiting Canada. In an email interview, Duncan Wood, director of the Mexico Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, discussed Canada-Mexico relations.*
WPR: What was the trajectory of Mexico-Canada relations under Mexican President Felipe Calderon? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: Emerging Threat of Lone Wolf Terrorism Requires Cold Rationality
- Mexico’s Energy Reforms Miss a Key Sector: Renewables
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Torture Report: Another Episode in CIA’s History of Violating Oversight
- Strategic Horizons: To Create Order, the U.S. Needs a Strategic Vision