Russia dispatched a three-vessel squadron to join its anti-piracy efforts off the coast of Somalia earlier this month. In an email interview, Thomas Fedyszyn, a professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, discussed Russia’s anti-piracy operations.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of Russia’s anti-piracy efforts in the Horn of Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Without Chad, Central African Republic Peace Talks Unlikely to Succeed
- As Talks Stall, South Sudan Conflict Grinds to Stalemate
- Diplomatic Fallout: West Needs New Rules to Contain Proxy Wars With Russia
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Watches From Sidelines as Global Leaders Gather in Brazil