Russia dispatched a three-vessel squadron to join its anti-piracy efforts off the coast of Somalia earlier this month. In an email interview, Thomas Fedyszyn, a professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, discussed Russia’s anti-piracy operations.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of Russia’s anti-piracy efforts in the Horn of Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Boko Haram, Corruption Purges Put Cameroon on Edge
- Global Insights: Responding to Crises, SCO Finally Embraces Expansion
- Mistral Conundrum Leaves France’s Hollande Navigating Competing Interests
- In Shelving Kenyatta Trial, ICC Confronts Limited Options in Africa
- The Realist Prism: Though Politically Attractive, U.S. ‘Train and Equip’ Missions Often Disappoint