Russia dispatched a three-vessel squadron to join its anti-piracy efforts off the coast of Somalia earlier this month. In an email interview, Thomas Fedyszyn, a professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, discussed Russia’s anti-piracy operations.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of Russia’s anti-piracy efforts in the Horn of Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $9 monthly or $59/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Security Vacuum Threatens Central African Republic’s Political Transition
- Strategic Horizons: Endgame Scenarios for the Syrian Conflict
- Shadow of Jihadi Safe Haven Hangs Over Tunisia, Algeria
- Diplomatic Fallout: The Next Phase of U.N. Engagement in Somalia
- Russia Tries to Manage Arab Awakening From the Outside