Russia dispatched a three-vessel squadron to join its anti-piracy efforts off the coast of Somalia earlier this month. In an email interview, Thomas Fedyszyn, a professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, discussed Russia’s anti-piracy operations.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of Russia’s anti-piracy efforts in the Horn of Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Russia-Pakistan Defense Accord Signals Shifting Regional Alignments
- In South Sudan, U.N. Peacekeepers’ Biggest Challenge: Staying Neutral
- The Realist Prism: Even After Midterms, Obama Faces Hard Choices on Energy, Climate
- Global Insights: Hagel Launches New U.S. Defense Initiatives to Address Old Problems
- EU Trade Deal Limits EAC’s Options for Future Trade Policy