Russia dispatched a three-vessel squadron to join its anti-piracy efforts off the coast of Somalia earlier this month. In an email interview, Thomas Fedyszyn, a professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, discussed Russia’s anti-piracy operations.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of Russia’s anti-piracy efforts in the Horn of Africa? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Will Libya, Nigeria Trigger Nation-Building’s Comeback in 2015?
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Be Prepared for Life After Putin, Even if Russia Isn’t
- The Logic Behind Boko Haram’s Brutal Attacks in Nigeria
- Political Violence Tests Burundi’s Stability Ahead of Elections
- Despite Tougher Policy, France’s Hollande Still Seeks Solid Russia Ties