The emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, recently became the first head of state to visit Gaza since it came under the control of Hamas in 2007. In an email interview, Simon Henderson, director of the Gulf and Energy Policy Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, discussed the Qatari leader’s visit.
WPR: What was the emir of Qatar hoping to achieve by the visit? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Syria, Ukraine May Force Obama to Learn to Love Coalitions of the Willing
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lacking Security Strategy, EU Counts on Nearby Crises to Absorb Threats
- International Law Solutions Fall Short for Israelis, Palestinians in Gaza Conflict
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time