The emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, recently became the first head of state to visit Gaza since it came under the control of Hamas in 2007. In an email interview, Simon Henderson, director of the Gulf and Energy Policy Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, discussed the Qatari leader’s visit.
WPR: What was the emir of Qatar hoping to achieve by the visit? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- China’s Middle East Policy Faces Long-Term Challenge From Continuing Turmoil
- Strategic Horizons: To Succeed, Iran Deal Needs a Dose of Realism