The emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, recently became the first head of state to visit Gaza since it came under the control of Hamas in 2007. In an email interview, Simon Henderson, director of the Gulf and Energy Policy Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, discussed the Qatari leader’s visit.
WPR: What was the emir of Qatar hoping to achieve by the visit? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: U.S.-Iran Deal a Gamble for Everyone, Including Netanyahu
- Turkey Security Bill Latest Fault Line Between Erdogan and Opponents
- Diplomatic Fallout: At U.N., Russia Is Now the Indispensable Nation
- Strategic Horizons: Making Libya a U.N. Protectorate Would Be Wise but Impossible
- World Citizen: One Month On, Gauging Saudi Arabia’s New King