The emir of Qatar, Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, recently became the first head of state to visit Gaza since it came under the control of Hamas in 2007. In an email interview, Simon Henderson, director of the Gulf and Energy Policy Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, discussed the Qatari leader’s visit.
WPR: What was the emir of Qatar hoping to achieve by the visit? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Tensions Rise Between Rouhani and Iran’s Powerful Revolutionary Guard
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Global Trends Point to Fragmentation of International Crisis Management
- Syria Blowback: U.S. Air Campaign Lethal, but Drives IS Recruitment
- The Realist Prism: In U.S.-Russia Relations, Differences Now Outweigh Overlapping Interests