Sudan's role in the Iran-Israel conflict made headlines over the past week after a suspected Israeli airstrike on a munitions factory in Khartoum, Sudan was closely followed by a visit from two Iranian warships to Port Sudan.
Katherine Zimmerman, the Gulf of Aden team leader for the American Enterprise Institute's Critical Threats Project, told Trend Lines that Sudan plays a key role in Iran's regional strategy, and the relationship is mutually beneficial. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: For Israel-Palestine, a Weak Peace Process is Better Than None
- Strategic Horizons: Amid Debate, U.S. Shares Drone Approach With Partners
- Erdogan’s Kurdish Electoral Gamble Will Reverberate in Turkey and Iraq
- World Citizen: Obama Visit Offers Glimpse Into Saudi Arabia’s Future
- World Citizen: Will Catalog of Conspiracies Save Turkey’s Erdogan?