In Kenya, clashes between rival tribal groups in the Tana River area continued this week, as tensions over access to land and water triggered revenge attacks between the seminomadic Orma pastoralist community and the Pokomo farming community.*
On Monday and Tuesday, more houses were set on fire, forcing many to flee and driving the death toll higher. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Sterile Politics Leaves Algeria’s Problems Unaddressed
- Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Central African Republic a Crisis Too Far for Chad’s Regional Security Ambitions
- Attacks on Rwanda’s Exiles Reveal Deeper Troubles for Kagame
- Kagame’s Rwanda Presents South Africa With Delicate Balancing Act