In Kenya, clashes between rival tribal groups in the Tana River area continued this week, as tensions over access to land and water triggered revenge attacks between the seminomadic Orma pastoralist community and the Pokomo farming community.*
On Monday and Tuesday, more houses were set on fire, forcing many to flee and driving the death toll higher. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: In Egypt, Mixed Constitution Enshrines Military While Advancing Freedoms
- Diplomatic Fallout: For France’s Hollande, African Interventions a Strategic Failure
- A Compromised Hegemon, South Africa Must Rethink Its African Peace Operations
- Despite Recent Tensions, Mozambique’s Politics Show Signs of Maturity
- Legislative Elections Could Signal Mali's Return to Politics as Usual