Australia recently signed a deal with the United Arab Emirates to provide uranium for the Persian Gulf country’s planned nuclear power plants. In an email interview, Fethi Mansouri, the director of the Center for Citizenship and Globalization at Deakin University, Australia, and the author of “Australia and the Middle East: a Frontline Relationship,” discussed Australia-Middle East relations.
WPR: What is the recent history of Australia's diplomatic and trade relations with the Middle East? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Low-Key Caspian Sea Summit Has Far-Reaching Implications
- France Joins Fight Against Islamic State Group to Revive Ties to Iraq
- Defying Predictions, China Manages Slowdown to Avoid Social Shocks
- China's Yuan Boosted by U.K. Bond Deal, but Won't Rival Dollar—Yet
- Yemen’s Hawthis Redraw Political Map, Upend Transition