Australia recently signed a deal with the United Arab Emirates to provide uranium for the Persian Gulf country’s planned nuclear power plants. In an email interview, Fethi Mansouri, the director of the Center for Citizenship and Globalization at Deakin University, Australia, and the author of “Australia and the Middle East: a Frontline Relationship,” discussed Australia-Middle East relations.
WPR: What is the recent history of Australia's diplomatic and trade relations with the Middle East? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: China Advances on Missile Defense, With Eye on Dissuading Rivals
- Bahrain’s Ongoing Political Impasse Imperils U.S. Interests
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lacking Security Strategy, EU Counts on Nearby Crises to Absorb Threats
- International Law Solutions Fall Short for Israelis, Palestinians in Gaza Conflict
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time