Australia recently signed a deal with the United Arab Emirates to provide uranium for the Persian Gulf country’s planned nuclear power plants. In an email interview, Fethi Mansouri, the director of the Center for Citizenship and Globalization at Deakin University, Australia, and the author of “Australia and the Middle East: a Frontline Relationship,” discussed Australia-Middle East relations.
WPR: What is the recent history of Australia's diplomatic and trade relations with the Middle East? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: In Tunisia, Arab Spring Can Be Written Without Quotation Marks
- Can Afghanistan’s Ghani Avoid the Pitfalls of the Resource Curse?
- Global Insights: For U.S. and South Korea, Missile Defense Looms as Next Big Challenge
- The Realist Prism: The International Order Faces a Fateful and Perilous Winter
- India Pursues Scandinavian Partnerships to Join Arctic Race