Australia recently signed a deal with the United Arab Emirates to provide uranium for the Persian Gulf country’s planned nuclear power plants. In an email interview, Fethi Mansouri, the director of the Center for Citizenship and Globalization at Deakin University, Australia, and the author of “Australia and the Middle East: a Frontline Relationship,” discussed Australia-Middle East relations.
WPR: What is the recent history of Australia's diplomatic and trade relations with the Middle East? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- With Reforms, China’s Xi Seeks Course Correction, not Power Grab
- Global Insights: Russia-Pakistan Defense Accord Signals Shifting Regional Alignments
- Diplomatic Fallout: Bold or Not, Next U.N. Secretary-General Faces World of Pain
- After U.S.-China Climate Deal, India Feels the Heat on Growing Emissions
- Strategic Horizons: Understanding the Enemy: Inside the Mind of the Islamic State