Australia recently signed a deal with the United Arab Emirates to provide uranium for the Persian Gulf country’s planned nuclear power plants. In an email interview, Fethi Mansouri, the director of the Center for Citizenship and Globalization at Deakin University, Australia, and the author of “Australia and the Middle East: a Frontline Relationship,” discussed Australia-Middle East relations.
WPR: What is the recent history of Australia's diplomatic and trade relations with the Middle East? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Military Must Prepare for China’s Rise—and Fall
- Sterile Politics Leaves Algeria’s Problems Unaddressed
- With Elections Nearing, Iraq’s Maliki Confronts His Shiite Challengers
- Beating Expectations, China Moves Ahead With Substantive Economic Reforms
- Modi Win in India Could Endanger Nepal’s Secular Transition