Several European Union countries recently asked the European Commission to consider sanctions against Iceland for allegedly exceeding its fishing quota for mackerel. In an email interview, Eirikur Bergmann, an associate professor of political science at Bifrost University in Iceland, discussed the mackerel dispute between the EU and Iceland.
WPR: What is the background of the current fishing dispute between Iceland and the European Union? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: In Ukraine Crisis, China Chooses Russia Ties Over Principles
- Renzi Gambles on Reforming Italy Where Letta Failed
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the Ukraine Crisis Is Good for Obama
- The Realist Prism: Obama Must Choose What Comes Next for U.S.-Russia
- World Citizen: Russia’s Oil and Gas Are Weapons and Weakness in Ukraine Fight