South Korea recently announced plans to open a diplomatic mission at the headquarters of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Jakarta. In an email interview, David Arase, a professor of politics at Pomona College, discussed South Korea-ASEAN relations.
WPR: What has brought about South Korea's renewed interest in improving ties with ASEAN? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan-China Maritime Talks Signal Slow Thaw in East China Sea
- New Deals Shore Up China’s Stakes in Venezuela and Ecuador
- With Cambodia Resettlement Deal, Australia Tests Refugee Norms
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- China’s Marshall Plan: All Silk Roads Lead to Beijing?