South Korea recently announced plans to open a diplomatic mission at the headquarters of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Jakarta. In an email interview, David Arase, a professor of politics at Pomona College, discussed South Korea-ASEAN relations.
WPR: What has brought about South Korea's renewed interest in improving ties with ASEAN? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- China’s Plenum Reforms May Depend on Xi’s Leadership Skills
- Global Insights: With Air Defense Zone, China Scores ‘Own Goal’ in South Korea
- The Realist Prism: Will Congress Handcuff Obama on Iran, TPP Talks?
- Global Insights: Nuclear Displays Show That China Has Learned to Love the Bomb
- Turkey’s Nuclear Plans With Japan, Russia May Prove Too Ambitious