EU naval forces operating off the coast of Somali conducted their first raid on the Somali mainland earlier this month. In an email interview, Hans-Georg Ehrhart, the head of the Center for European Peace and Security Studies of the Institute for Peace Research and Security Studies at the University of Hamburg, discussed the EU’s anti-piracy operation.
WPR: What is the makeup of the European Union's Operation Atalanta, in terms of force commitments and contributing countries, and how has it evolved over time? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Spoilers Emerge as Iran Nuclear Talks Reach Delicate Endgame
- Term-Limit Tensions Raise Stakes for Togo’s Presidential Ballot
- The Realist Prism: U.S. and West Should Not Count Russia’s Putin Out Just Yet
- Global Insights: After Russia’s Exit, Time for West to Close the Book on CFE Treaty
- EU Sets Pace With Ambitious Emissions, Clean Energy Targets