EU naval forces operating off the coast of Somali conducted their first raid on the Somali mainland earlier this month. In an email interview, Hans-Georg Ehrhart, the head of the Center for European Peace and Security Studies of the Institute for Peace Research and Security Studies at the University of Hamburg, discussed the EU’s anti-piracy operation.
WPR: What is the makeup of the European Union's Operation Atalanta, in terms of force commitments and contributing countries, and how has it evolved over time? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Sweden No Longer Immune to Rise of Nationalist Populism
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Without Chad, Central African Republic Peace Talks Unlikely to Succeed
- As Talks Stall, South Sudan Conflict Grinds to Stalemate
- Diplomatic Fallout: West Needs New Rules to Contain Proxy Wars With Russia