EU naval forces operating off the coast of Somali conducted their first raid on the Somali mainland earlier this month. In an email interview, Hans-Georg Ehrhart, the head of the Center for European Peace and Security Studies of the Institute for Peace Research and Security Studies at the University of Hamburg, discussed the EU’s anti-piracy operation.
WPR: What is the makeup of the European Union's Operation Atalanta, in terms of force commitments and contributing countries, and how has it evolved over time? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- China's Yuan Boosted by U.K. Bond Deal, but Won't Rival Dollar—Yet
- World Citizen: Chile Bombings Threaten Nonviolent Anarchist Movement’s Gains
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Ally Status Without Treaty a Hollow Gesture for Ukraine
- Military Purges in Rwanda Expose Cracks in Kagame Regime
- Middle East’s Sectarian Tensions Play Out in Sudan-Iran Relations