EU naval forces operating off the coast of Somali conducted their first raid on the Somali mainland earlier this month. In an email interview, Hans-Georg Ehrhart, the head of the Center for European Peace and Security Studies of the Institute for Peace Research and Security Studies at the University of Hamburg, discussed the EU’s anti-piracy operation.
WPR: What is the makeup of the European Union's Operation Atalanta, in terms of force commitments and contributing countries, and how has it evolved over time? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: West Not Ready for Post-Yanukovych Ukraine
- A Compromised Hegemon, South Africa Must Rethink Its African Peace Operations
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- Diplomatic Fallout: Europe’s Struggle for Strategic Competitiveness, Part II
- Despite Recent Tensions, Mozambique’s Politics Show Signs of Maturity