EU naval forces operating off the coast of Somali conducted their first raid on the Somali mainland earlier this month. In an email interview, Hans-Georg Ehrhart, the head of the Center for European Peace and Security Studies of the Institute for Peace Research and Security Studies at the University of Hamburg, discussed the EU’s anti-piracy operation.
WPR: What is the makeup of the European Union's Operation Atalanta, in terms of force commitments and contributing countries, and how has it evolved over time? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the Ukraine Crisis Is Good for Obama
- The Realist Prism: Obama Must Choose What Comes Next for U.S.-Russia
- World Citizen: Russia’s Oil and Gas Are Weapons and Weakness in Ukraine Fight
- Strategic Horizons: Russia’s Ukraine Invasion Signifies a Changing Global Order
- U.K.’s Growing Engagement in Latin America Faces Risks and Competition