Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Diplomatic Fallout: West Needs New Rules to Contain Proxy Wars With Russia
- Despite U.S. Efforts, Root Causes of Migration Crisis Prevail in Central America
- The Realist Prism: U.S. Watches From Sidelines as Global Leaders Gather in Brazil
- In Latin America Tour, China’s Xi Shows Maturing Approach to Region