Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Greece’s Reversal Puts China’s Mediterranean Plans Back on Track
- Strategic Horizons: Making Libya a U.N. Protectorate Would Be Wise but Impossible
- The Realist Prism: With Cease-Fire, Ukraine Remains Stuck Between Russia and the West
- Global Insights: As China Ponders BMD Options, U.S. Must Consider Responses
- After Years of Talk, U.S.-India Defense Ties Gain Traction