Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Reality Check: The Past’s First Lesson: Beware of False Historical Analogies
- Duda’s Surprise Presidential Win in Poland Raises Populist Specter
- Global Insights: As Iran Deal Nears, U.S. Must Also Reassure Central Asia, Caucasus
- Strategic Horizons: For Hint of Iraq’s Future, Take Another Look at Vietnam War
- World Citizen: BRICS Still Have a Long Way to Go From Grouping to Alliance