Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: The King’s Speech Signals Shift in Dutch, European Worries
- Global Insights: Responding to Crises, SCO Finally Embraces Expansion
- Border Disputes, Political Tensions Threaten Needed Cooperation in Central America
- Mistral Conundrum Leaves France’s Hollande Navigating Competing Interests
- Global Insights: Once Again Relevant, NATO Will Now Be Judged on Effectiveness