Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Venezuela a Test Case for U.S. to Navigate South America’s New Normal
- Global Insights: With Eye on Moldova, NATO Must Shore Up Southeastern Front
- Strategic Horizons: In Ukraine, Russia Reveals Its Mastery of Unrestricted Warfare
- To Rebound After Defeat, El Salvador’s ARENA Must Move Beyond Fear
- Global Insights: Modernization Leaves Russia’s Military Improved but Limited