Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: West Not Ready for Post-Yanukovych Ukraine
- Shifts in Cultivation, Usage Put Bolivia’s Coca Policy at the Crossroads
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- Diplomatic Fallout: Europe’s Struggle for Strategic Competitiveness, Part II
- Iran Nuclear Deal a Welcome First Step