Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- Mexico’s Energy Reforms Miss a Key Sector: Renewables
- For NATO, Benefits of Adding Finland and Sweden Outweigh Costs
- The Realist Prism: Falling Energy Prices Offer New Strategic Opportunities for the U.S.
- Global Insights: Putin Courts Modi to Advance Russia-India Economic Ties