Venezuela threatened in early April to retaliate against a European Union decision to ban Venezuelan state airline Conviasa from flying in the EU. In an email interview, Susanne Gratius, a specialist in EU-Latin America relations at the Madrid-based think tank FRIDE, discussed EU-Venezuela relations.
WPR: What is the history of European Union-Venezuela relations under President Hugo Chavez? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Managing Partnerships, not Enlargement, Is NATO’s Real Challenge
- World Citizen: Brazil Plane Crash Spawns Two-Woman Presidential Race
- The Realist Prism: Despite Hope of Minsk Summit, Damage Done to Russia-West Relations
- How Latin America Can Maximize its Shale Gas Potential
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the International System Is Still Worth Fighting For