Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visited Japan last month in an effort to boost international confidence following Thailand’s devastating floods. In an email interview, John J. Brandon, the director of the Asia Foundation’s international relations program, discussed Thai-Japanese relations.
WPR: What is the current state of relations between Japan and Thailand? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan’s Abe Risks Elections to Seek Mandate on Economic Policies
- The Realist Prism: Weakened by Midterms at Home, Obama Faces Credibility Gap Abroad
- Diplomatic Fallout: Big-Power ‘Buffering’ Mechanisms Needed to Manage Era of Disorder
- U.S.-China Regional Rivalry Could Overshadow APEC Summit
- New Growth for Nuclear Energy Depends on Asia