Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visited Japan last month in an effort to boost international confidence following Thailand’s devastating floods. In an email interview, John J. Brandon, the director of the Asia Foundation’s international relations program, discussed Thai-Japanese relations.
WPR: What is the current state of relations between Japan and Thailand? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Don't Underestimate Significance of India-Japan Love Affair
- Having Amassed Power, Thailand’s Junta Still Faces Legitimacy Gap
- Despite Modi Visit, Nuclear Impasse Continues to Limit India-Japan Ties
- His Popularity Waning, Embattled Aquino Overreaches in the Philippines
- To Ease Tensions, U.S. Must Back Up South China Sea ‘Freeze’ With Enforcement