Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visited Japan last month in an effort to boost international confidence following Thailand’s devastating floods. In an email interview, John J. Brandon, the director of the Asia Foundation’s international relations program, discussed Thai-Japanese relations.
WPR: What is the current state of relations between Japan and Thailand? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: In State of the Union, Obama Should Not Forget Asia
- With Cambodia Resettlement Deal, Australia Tests Refugee Norms
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- To End Southern Insurgency, Thailand Must Confront Hard Realities
- Diplomatic Fallout: For the West, Freezing 2014’s Conflicts Will Top Agenda in 2015