Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visited Japan last month in an effort to boost international confidence following Thailand’s devastating floods. In an email interview, John J. Brandon, the director of the Asia Foundation’s international relations program, discussed Thai-Japanese relations.
WPR: What is the current state of relations between Japan and Thailand? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan Boosts Efforts to Curb China's Counterfeiting
- Global Insights: With Air Defense Zone, China Scores ‘Own Goal’ in South Korea
- Turkey’s Nuclear Plans With Japan, Russia May Prove Too Ambitious
- Global Insights: With Asia Tour, Putin Puts Russia’s Pacific Pivot on Display
- Burgeoning ASEAN-Japan Relations Hold Promise for Wider Region