Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visited Japan last month in an effort to boost international confidence following Thailand’s devastating floods. In an email interview, John J. Brandon, the director of the Asia Foundation’s international relations program, discussed Thai-Japanese relations.
WPR: What is the current state of relations between Japan and Thailand? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Japan Deepens Ties With Central Asia, but Still Trails Russia, China
- World Citizen: As U.S. Pivot Stalls, Developments in East Asia Speed Ahead
- Strategic Horizons: What Lessons Will the U.S. Military Learn From Iraq’s Collapse?
- United Front on North Korea Dissipates, Jeopardizing Further Six-Party Talks
- Australia Struggles to Balance China Ties With U.S. Alliance