The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Duda’s Surprise Presidential Win in Poland Raises Populist Specter
- Global Insights: As Iran Deal Nears, U.S. Must Also Reassure Central Asia, Caucasus
- World Citizen: BRICS Still Have a Long Way to Go From Grouping to Alliance
- France’s Hollande Exploits Political Openings to Deepen Gulf Ties
- Diplomatic Fallout: Can Putin Rebrand Russia as Stabilizing Force in Ukraine, Syria?