The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Frustrations Mount for Both the U.S. and Its Foes at the U.N.
- The Realist Prism: The International Order Faces a Fateful and Perilous Winter
- India Pursues Scandinavian Partnerships to Join Arctic Race
- Syria Jihadi Role Puts Georgia’s Extremists in Spotlight
- World Citizen: As Oil Prices Drop, Some Seek Hidden Hands Behind Market Forces