The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Responding to Crises, SCO Finally Embraces Expansion
- Mistral Conundrum Leaves France’s Hollande Navigating Competing Interests
- Global Insights: Once Again Relevant, NATO Will Now Be Judged on Effectiveness
- Diplomatic Fallout: Despite Fighting Words, NATO Haunted by Three Recent Defeats
- China Buys Up European Assets to Push Back Against U.S. Free Trade Deals