The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Modi Reboots India’s Foreign Policy With ‘Zero Problems’ Approach
- For NATO, Benefits of Adding Finland and Sweden Outweigh Costs
- Global Insights: Putin Courts Modi to Advance Russia-India Economic Ties
- Diplomatic Fallout: Global Trends Point to Fragmentation of International Crisis Management
- Russia Sanctions, Ruble Woes Raise Cost of Putin’s Ukraine Gamble