The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Saudi Arabia’s Wahhabi Folly: Domestic Crackdown, Global Export
- Syriza’s Rise Will Test Greece and EU, but the Euro Is Safe
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Be Prepared for Life After Putin, Even if Russia Isn’t
- Strategic Horizons: The Paris Attacks and the Logic of Insurgency
- Despite Tougher Policy, France’s Hollande Still Seeks Solid Russia Ties