The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: Lacking Security Strategy, EU Counts on Nearby Crises to Absorb Threats
- The Realist Prism: On Iran and Russia, Obama Gambling for More Time
- Sweden No Longer Immune to Rise of Nationalist Populism
- Global Insights: Putin’s South American Trip Hides Russia’s Strategic Weaknesses
- Diplomatic Fallout: West Needs New Rules to Contain Proxy Wars With Russia