The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: With Eye on Moldova, NATO Must Shore Up Southeastern Front
- Strategic Horizons: In Ukraine, Russia Reveals Its Mastery of Unrestricted Warfare
- Global Insights: Modernization Leaves Russia’s Military Improved but Limited
- Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- NSA Leaks Fallout Will Fade Faster Than Hit to U.S. Pride