The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Despite Hope of Minsk Summit, Damage Done to Russia-West Relations
- Diplomatic Fallout: Why the International System Is Still Worth Fighting For
- Ukraine Crisis Torpedoes Russia-Japan Rapprochement
- The Realist Prism: Time for the U.S. to Make Hard Choices on Russia, Middle East
- With Eye on Russia, Poland Reshapes Military Modernization Plan