The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: West Not Ready for Post-Yanukovych Ukraine
- Global Insights: Despite Mounting Costs, Russia Sticks By Syria’s Assad
- Diplomatic Fallout: Europe’s Struggle for Strategic Competitiveness, Part II
- Iran Nuclear Deal a Welcome First Step
- Diplomatic Fallout: Europe’s Struggle for Strategic Competitiveness, Part I