The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Obama Must Choose What Comes Next for U.S.-Russia
- World Citizen: Russia’s Oil and Gas Are Weapons and Weakness in Ukraine Fight
- Strategic Horizons: Russia’s Ukraine Invasion Signifies a Changing Global Order
- U.K.’s Growing Engagement in Latin America Faces Risks and Competition
- Global Insights: Russia Gambling That Ukraine Crisis Can Revert to Familiar Script