The British government approved arms sales to Bahrain last year, despite ongoing unrest in the Persian Gulf state. In an email interview, John Louth, deputy head of the defense industries and society program at the Royal United Services Institute, discussed the U.K. defense industry.
WPR: What is the current size and scope of the British defense industry, and how has it evolved in the past decade? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Global Insights: Russia-Pakistan Defense Accord Signals Shifting Regional Alignments
- The Realist Prism: Even After Midterms, Obama Faces Hard Choices on Energy, Climate
- As New Space Powers Emerge, NASA More Unreliable as Partner
- EU Trade Deal Limits EAC’s Options for Future Trade Policy
- Accountability, Stability at Stake in Romania’s Presidential Election