China announced earlier this month that it would give $1 billion in preferential loans to Caribbean countries to support economic development. In an email interview, R. Evan Ellis, an assistant professor at the Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies of the National Defense University, discussed China-Caribbean relations.
WPR: What is the history of China's relations with the Caribbean? ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $9 monthly or $59/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: China the Likely Winner if U.S. Intervenes in Syria
- China-India Border Incident Highlights Uncertainties in Bilateral Relations
- With New Defense White Paper, Australia Rebalances
- Obama’s Mexico Trip Yielded Progress, Missed Opportunities
- With Japan Fishing Deal, Taiwan Scores a Win in East China Sea Disputes