Is the long-predicted decline of Political Islam about to occur?
Several French scholars, such as Gilles Keppel and Olivier Roy, have been making this argument since the early 1990s. The only trouble was a subsequent string of Islamist electoral victories that seemed to undermine their thesis. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: In Israel, Pragmatism Could Trump Ideology After the Fighting
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Must Rethink Unsustainable Counterterrorism Strategy
- Without Chad, Central African Republic Peace Talks Unlikely to Succeed
- As Talks Stall, South Sudan Conflict Grinds to Stalemate
- Diplomatic Fallout: West Needs New Rules to Contain Proxy Wars With Russia