Is the long-predicted decline of Political Islam about to occur?
Several French scholars, such as Gilles Keppel and Olivier Roy, have been making this argument since the early 1990s. The only trouble was a subsequent string of Islamist electoral victories that seemed to undermine their thesis. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- The Realist Prism: Obama’s Muddled Messaging Encourages U.S. Allies to Free Ride
- Political Jockeying Puts Cote d’Ivoire’s Reconciliation in Jeopardy
- Global Insights: Low-Key Caspian Sea Summit Has Far-Reaching Implications
- France Joins Fight Against Islamic State Group to Revive Ties to Iraq
- Yemen’s Hawthis Redraw Political Map, Upend Transition