Is the long-predicted decline of Political Islam about to occur?
Several French scholars, such as Gilles Keppel and Olivier Roy, have been making this argument since the early 1990s. The only trouble was a subsequent string of Islamist electoral victories that seemed to undermine their thesis. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Saudi Arabia Walks Tightrope With Shift in Syria, Regional Policies
- Iran’s Structural Constraints Limit Rouhani’s Domestic Agenda
- In Lebanon, New Government Unlikely to Herald New Political Era
- The Realist Prism: Venezuela, Ukraine Challenge Assumptions Behind Defense Cuts
- Regional Tensions Complicate South Sudan’s Crisis