Is the long-predicted decline of Political Islam about to occur?
Several French scholars, such as Gilles Keppel and Olivier Roy, have been making this argument since the early 1990s. The only trouble was a subsequent string of Islamist electoral victories that seemed to undermine their thesis. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- OPEC Faces Perfect Storm of Global Supply Glut, Internal Tensions
- Diplomatic Fallout: For France’s Hollande, African Interventions a Strategic Failure
- India-Israel Ties Complicated by Iran Opening, Shifting Defense Priorities
- World Citizen: Iran Deal Already Shifting Regional Balance of Power
- A Compromised Hegemon, South Africa Must Rethink Its African Peace Operations