Is the long-predicted decline of Political Islam about to occur?
Several French scholars, such as Gilles Keppel and Olivier Roy, have been making this argument since the early 1990s. The only trouble was a subsequent string of Islamist electoral victories that seemed to undermine their thesis. ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
Sign up for two weeks of free access with your credit card. Cancel any time during the free trial and you will be charged nothing.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Diplomatic Fallout: At U.N., Russia Is Now the Indispensable Nation
- Playing Many Sides, Sudan’s Bashir Tries Again to End His Isolation
- Strategic Horizons: Making Libya a U.N. Protectorate Would Be Wise but Impossible
- Next Up in Somalia’s Fragile Transition: Bridge Political Divides
- World Citizen: One Month On, Gauging Saudi Arabia’s New King