This month's release of Field Manual 3-07, "Stability Operations," marks a milestone for the United States Army. With it, the Army acknowledges and codifies a dramatic change in thinking: No longer does the mission of the military stop at winning wars; now it must also help "win the peace."
As Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV, states in the foreword to the new manual: ...
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $18 monthly or $118/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- In Iraq, Turkey Seeks to Mend Ties With Baghdad Without Alienating Kurds
- Iraqi Kurdistan Elections Cement Barzani’s Role as Regional Powerbroker
- World Citizen: Syrian War Stirs Up Kurdish Anxiety in Turkey and Iraq
- Global Insights: Syria Crisis Overshadows Broader Turkey-U.S. Tensions
- Politically Exposed, Iraq’s Maliki Cracks Down