Editor's Note: The following photo essay is by Don Duncan and William Wheeler. For more on this subject, see their report "As Rebuilding Begins at Lebanon's Nahr al-Bared, Displaced Refugees Eager to Return," and Don Duncan's video report "School's Out." Their work is supported by a grant from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- A Tale of Two Interventions: U.S. Content to Contain Islamic State Group and Ebola
- World Citizen: The King’s Speech Signals Shift in Dutch, European Worries
- The Realist Prism: Can Obama Count on ‘Coalition of the Willing’ to Fight Islamic State Group?
- Islamic State Threat Puts Independence on Hold for Iraq’s Kurds
- In Fight Against Islamic State, Iraqi Kurds Are Problematic Partners