Editor's Note: The following photo essay is by Don Duncan and William Wheeler. For more on this subject, see their report "As Rebuilding Begins at Lebanon's Nahr al-Bared, Displaced Refugees Eager to Return," and Don Duncan's video report "School's Out." Their work is supported by a grant from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- Yemen’s Hawthis Redraw Political Map, Upend Transition
- Strategic Horizons: Can U.S. Build a Better Iraqi Army the Second Time Around?
- Global Insights: High-Profile Naval Visit Belies China’s Low-Profile Approach to Iran
- Middle East’s Sectarian Tensions Play Out in Sudan-Iran Relations
- Strategic Horizons: U.S. Strategy for Defeating the Islamic State Group Won't Work