Editor's Note: The following photo essay is by Don Duncan and William Wheeler. For more on this subject, see their report "As Rebuilding Begins at Lebanon's Nahr al-Bared, Displaced Refugees Eager to Return," and Don Duncan's video report "School's Out." Their work is supported by a grant from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
To read the rest, sign up to try World Politics Review
- TWO WEEKS FREE.
- Cancel any time.
- After two weeks, just $11.99 monthly or $94.99/year.
Request a free trial for your office or school. Everyone at a given site can get access through our institutional subscriptions.
- World Citizen: Islamic State Fight Could Leave Lasting Scars on U.S.-Turkey Ties
- New Growth for Nuclear Energy Depends on Asia
- The Realist Prism: For U.S., Middle East ‘Moderates’ a Fool’s Errand
- Gulf States Gamble on Ambitious but Risky Mega-Projects
- Diplomatic Fallout: Islamic State, Ebola’s Common Ally: Weak Crisis Response Mechanisms